Helping control the overpopulation of cats in our service areas.
Please note: this program is for community cats (feral cats) and barn cats only. If you are seeking spay neuter services for your cat, please visit our spay neuter clinic page, or SNAP program page.
The Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo and Stratford Perth is committed to controlling the overpopulation of community (feral) and stray cats within our service areas. Through our TNR program, these community cats are trapped, sterilized (spayed or neutered), vaccinated, microchipped, ear-tipped (the universal symbol for a sterilized cat) and then returned to the location where they were trapped.
The cost is $45 per cat (including all of the above).
The program is available through both our Kitchener and Stratford animal centres._
Ready to register for the program?
To register or inquire about the program, please contact us at:
519-745-5615 ext 221
- This program is offered at both our Kitchener and Stratford centres
- Drop-off is at your PREARRANGED location and is between 8:30-9am. Please note that drop-off can also be made by appointment.
- Pick-up is between 3-3:30pm.
- Trap rentals are available. Please speak with our Veterinary Customer Service Agent for more information.
- We accept kittens over 1.5kg and 12 weeks of age.
- We ask caregivers to leave an emergency contact number in the event they need to be reached regarding any medical concerns.
- Microchips will be registered to colony caregivers.
All cats will receive: spay or neuter surgery, both rabies and FVRCP vaccinations, Revolution, a microchip, a tattoo and will have their left ear tipped.
Accessing the Program
Community cat rescue groups, caretakers, barn cat owners and members of the public caring for an outdoor cat can access the program.
We welcome rescue groups to speak to us about ongoing services.